Happy Thanksgiving Eve! The holiday wouldn’t be complete without taking a moment to reflect on all the things I’m grateful for this year. Before I begin prepping for tomorrow and tackling recipes in the kitchen, I thought I’d pop in to list a few things that I am blessed to have in my life. Here we go:
- My health, of course. From minor surgery to pulled muscles caused by athletic activities (soccer, running, etc.), I’m thankful to my body for being able to keep up and pull through when I needed it most.
- Used bookstores and libraries have kept my bookish addiction afloat during the past year of serious penny-pinching. Thanks to my local library and used bookstore, I was still able to get my fiction fix for cheap and/or free.
- The beau and I have been together for a long while and I am still as head over heels for him now as I was on Day One. As cheesy as it sounds, he is my rock (go on, it’s okay to roll your eyes) and most definitely my best friend and biggest supporter. He is the only one who can keep my flailing Kermit arms in check!
- My month-long trip to Guatemala is an experience I will carry with me throughout the rest of my life. Not only was I able to experience new things, but I also had the chance to meet amazing people while relishing in breathtaking views and different cultures. Oh, and the food — I still salivate when thinking of it!
- Bailey, my wily little pup keeps me young and entertained by the little things. I swear, I will never tire of watching her perform her “doggie yoga” stretches and the funny way she eats her kibble like a cow chewing on cud. Absolute hilarity.
Of course, there are more things (both large and small) for which I’m thankful, but I most definitely do not take the above list for granted. Now to crank up some festive tunes while waltzing through the kitchen… Wish me luck that I don’t dig into the sweet potato pie before tomorrow!
ROAMING QUESTION: What are you thankful for this year?