A new year calls for new goals, new resolutions, and… a new site! I finally got around to giving RtR its own domain, which means I’m now a .com instead of a dot-wordpress-dot-com — much easier to remember & say, yes? Yes! There are still a few wrinkles that need to be ironed out and things that need to be transferred from the old site, but for those following me (Bueller? Bueller?), please update your list to include:
In addition to a new site, I also have a list of bookish resolutions for the new year. I’ve been in a bit of a reading rut lately and I’m not only determined to fall back in love with reading and all the perks that come with it. That said, I’m proclaiming 2013 the Year of the Bibliophile! The List:
- Become more involved in the book-blogging community. That means making more of an effort to comment of blogs I love and also to participate in book hops, challenges, and read-a-thons.
- Read a minimum of 50 books this year. I fell short in my quota last year and I’m determined to hit my goal this time around!
- Review all books at least two weeks after reading them. Even if it’s a short review, getting my thoughts down on paper (er, computer) right away will make it easier to write the review and I’ll be less likely to forget what I liked/didn’t like about the book.
- Create a blogging schedule and post at least 2x/week. This will be a bit challenging for me, at least in the beginning. I really want to become more regular with posting and I think having a schedule and queue of topics would help me achieve this.
- Read 3-5 books outside my comfort zone. Not necessarily boring books I’d dread reading, but interesting reads I wouldn’t usually pick up. This includes genres I don’t usually flock to, like non-fiction, dystopian, historical romance, etc.
I’m likely to add more to the list as the weeks go on, but (for the time being) these are my top five bookish goals for the year. As for the new site, please bear with me as I continue tweaking things here and there. My Type-A side won’t let me relax until everything is *just right* — which means multiple late nights ahead!
ROAMING QUESTION: Do you have any goals or resolutions (book-related or otherwise)? If so, I’d love to hear ’em!