I have no shame in admitting that my phone is my lifeline. It’s never more than, oh, 5 feet away from me at all times — and yes, that includes when I’m in the shower (don’t judge!). While I do have my fist-shaking, get-off-my-lawn moments about technology (Can someone explain the point of Snapchat??), I am most definitely on #teamiPhone when it comes to 21st century technology. Because my phone is pretty much an extension of my personality, it only makes sense that a good portion of my apps represent my bookish side.
These apps are bound to please readers, lexophiles, and the book-obsessed — I already own a few, and the ones that I don’t have will be downloaded in T-minus…
- Want to listen to listen to audiobooks on your daily commute? Audible (free)
- Want to read your Kindle books but left your Kindle at home? Kindle for iPhone (free)
- Want to look up what that obscure word means in the book you’re reading? Merriam-Webster Dictionary (free)
- Want to update your reading progress while on the go? Goodreads (free)
- Want to survive the Hunger Games as Katniss? Hunger Games: Catching Fire – Panem Run ($0.99)
- Want to play an addicting word puzzle game? Wurdle ($1.99)
- Want to have fun while reading Pride and Prejudice? Stride & Prejudice ($1.99)
- Want to create angsty refrigerator poetry? Instant Poetry ($1.99)
- Want to check out audiobooks from your local library? Overdrive (free)
- Want to find your next read based on its cover? Book Wall (free)
- Want to create your own library database? Book Crawler ($1.99)
What are your favorite bookish (and non-bookish) apps? I’m sure there’s a sliver of memory left on my phone for just ONE (or two) more app suggestions!