Today is one of my favorite non-traditional holidays. A day dedicated to people obsessed with books — um, hello? That’s me! And with an upcoming vacation mere days away, there’s no better time than today to not only procrastinate packing by reading ’til my heart’s content, but to also start planning which books I plan on taking with me when I go out of town. Thanks to my trusty Kindle, I can “pack” as many books as I want, not limiting myself to however many I can stuff inside my suitcase and carry-on. Gotta love technology!
As for what type of books I plan on dropping in my vacation TBR folder, I’m looking for quintessential beach reads. After coming off a serious romantic suspense streak, I’m definitely in the mood for something more lighthearted and fun. That includes not only contemporary romance, but also a bit of YA, perhaps some chic-lit, and also a few jaunty short stories as well (see Decadent Publishing’s 1 Night Stand series). I’m sure more will be added as the days (okay, hours) go by, but here’s an at-a-glance look at which books I plan on taking with me:
- About Last Night – Heard about this one through the blogging grapevine and I can’t help wanting to check it out for myself.
- Slow Summer Kisses – With its short story format and summer setting, this seems like the perfect vacation read.
- Wanderlove – A YA with a traveling MC who’s currently searching for herself. Appropriate for plane reading, no?
- Goalie Interference – With all the Olympics hullabaloo going on, a sports-themed story seemed like a no-brainer.
- Southern Comfort – I enjoyed Western Ties (book 4), so it only makes sense that I indulge in another installment of the Compass Brothers series.
I’ll only be gone ten days, but hey, when it comes to books, you can never be overpacked or too prepared. Am I right? Well, I’m off to read — er, pack. I mean pack. Happy holidays, fellow book lovers!
ROAMING QUESTION: What books are in your vacation bag? Do you typically take physical books or ebooks? Or a mix of both? I wanna know!